Save the Date - on June 6th in Mississauga, OSPAPPH is hosting it's first annual conference in partnership with PARC. The conference already has an outstanding line-up of presenters focusing on the topic areas of Risky Play and Sedentary Behaviour.
The Conference agenda is designed around feedback we heard from our members - so you know it will be relevant and practical information that you can take back and apply to your work! In addition, this conference is not only applicable to Physical Activity Promoters in public health, but also to our colleagues working in injury prevention.
Why should you attend?
- This is the only conference planned specifically for PAP’s in public health by PAPs in public health.
- It is targeted and relevant to the work we are doing at a local level in public health
- This is the first opportunity for PAPs from across the province to come together at our own conference.
- It's affordable! We are aiming to offer this event at a cost of $125/member and travel subsidies will be made available (on a case by case basis).
- The OSPAPPH AGM will be in person this year at the conference
- There will be an option to register for a low-cost ($25) practical pre-conference workshop being held on June 5th
- We're planning an evening social for those arriving the night before
The conference planning committee has been hard at work putting together a quality, affordable and practical conference for our members and partners in physical activity promotion! We hope you will join us in making this inaugural conference a success!
Stay tuned for more details on registration,
Your Conference Planning Committee:
Chantal Lalonde (Co-Chair) – Eastern Ontario Health Unit
Chris Sherman – Chatham-Kent Public Health
Julie Vilchez – Peel Region Public Health
Joanna Carastathis – Thunder Bay District Health Unit
Sarah Christie – PARC